Senior Accountant, Planning & Reporting
- Edmonton, Calgary
- Job Industry
- Utilities (Public & Private)
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
WHO WE ARE:
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (power generation, distributed generation, and electricity distribution, transmission and infrastructure development); Pipelines and Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.atco.com.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Planning & Reporting, supporting the Pipelines & Liquids Global Business Unit, this role is responsible for the preparation, analysis and reporting of financial forecasts and its comparison to the Global Business Unit’s business plan. The Senior Accountant, Planning & Reporting is also responsible for the consolidation of the Global Business Unit’s business plan.
- Responsible for the analysis and validation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and reports, the annual financial statements including notes disclosures and other year-end reporting requirements.
- Work with source providers to ensure that key business data is accurate and timely.
- Responsible for analysis to support the monthly financial statements; including (but not limited to) revenue analysis, earnings analysis, cash management and key performance indicators.
- Prepare reports and presentation material analyzing and explaining variances between actual and forecasts for the current year, and between current year and prior year actual as required for financial purposes.
- Use analysis to make recommendations on ways to maximize revenue and earnings.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Build, distribute, and maintain key reports and dashboards for various internal Senior Leaders Meetings.
- Analyze and interpret complex financial data to provide management with an understanding of the data presented in clear and concise manner.
- Use financial data to gain insight into the business, communicate trends and highlight the need for management action to achieve objectives.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports for internal and external presentation purposes.
- Incorporate and consolidate forecasts received from other groups into financial models and presentations.
- Manage the development and enhancement of business planning processes, systems, tools and documents in liaison with key business plan stakeholders.
- Lead the coordination of business planning status and communication with the business, establishing schedules and timelines for submissions.
- Build and develop financial models to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze business opportunities to understand impacts on return on equity, internal rate of return, credit metrics, etc.
- Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or an equivalent combination of experience and a non-Commerce degree.
- A professional accounting designation or advanced degree (CA, CMA, CGA, MBA).
- 5+ years of post-designation financial experience.
- Experience in financial accounting and reporting, sound knowledge of utility accounting, budgeting concepts, cash management and income taxes.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand how Finance and Accounting influences and impacts the business.
- Ability to deliver under deadlines, using proven problem solving, troubleshooting and multitasking skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, and experience with Oracle would be an asset.
- Experience with Hyperion would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online at www.atco.com/Careers on or before September 24, 2018. When applying for this opportunity, please quote reference number REQ04610.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to ATCO, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by ATCO to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within ATCO.