Lacombe County is currently looking for a talented and experienced accounting professional to fill a key position on the Corporate Services team in the position of Supervisor of Accounting Services. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the accounting and payroll functions and for leading or participating in various financial and accounting activities such as grant reporting, budget preparation, audits and project/work order costing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide direct supervision and leadership to 4 positions (A/R and A/P, Utilities, Reception and Payroll).
· Take the lead role in financial software upgrades and conversions. Work with users to resolve issues and answer questions.
· Manage project/work order costing and provide guidance for inventory control functions.
· Manage the grant claims process (monitor grant approvals, maintain expenditure records and prepare grant claims).
· Assist with the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets in conjunction with management.
· Establish and maintain the financial accounting of Tangible Capital Assets.
· Post-secondary education in Accounting, Business, Commerce or a related discipline. A combination of other relevant education and experience may be considered. A good working knowledge of local government accounting and relevant local government regulations is an asset;
· Proven record of leadership in a supervisory level position (preferably at least 3 years of experience).
· Significant experience in payroll and benefits administration required. CPC/CPM certification is an asset;
· The preferred candidate has the proven ability to manage change, possesses excellent communication abilities, has effective time management skills, works independently and demonstrates resourcefulness.
· A strong fluency with all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite (especially with Microsoft Excel). Experience using municipal financial systems are an asset;
· Grant financial management experience is an asset.
We support a work-life balance and offer an excellent compensation package including a defined pension plan, a comprehensive group health and dental benefits packages, a health/wellness spending account, and p.d. opportunities.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by 8:00am, October 4, 2018 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.