Onsite Engineering is a mid-sized consulting engineering and geoscience company with multiple offices across BC. We are a diverse company that provides high quality engineering and geoscience services to government and industry. We understand that, as professionals in the engineering field, the work we do builds the places we live, work, and play for generations and we are proud to play our part. We have purposely built our company to allow our senior professionals to do what they do best – top notch technical work.
At Onsite, we build communities. Come join ours.
Onsite is looking for a Business Manager with a broad understanding of a professional services business capable of leading a team of skilled, engaged coworkers to success. The position reports directly to the General Manager. The goal will be to ensure the profitability of the company’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all matters business. They will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture.
Major Job Functions:
· Accountable for accounting operations including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of a system of accounting records and comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company's financial results
· Help design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
· Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities
· Supervise the work of administration and information technology and manage its systems, processes, and procedures
· Ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements
Specific Skills and Knowledge:
· Knowledgeable of a professional services environment.
· Knowledgeable of standard accounting, payroll, and time and billing software packages
· Excellent financial management skills including budgeting, profit & loss, performance management and analysis.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to effectively interface with clients and people inside and outside of the company.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Excellent leadership skills.
Education and Experience:
· MBA designation with a P.Eng or P.Geo designation is an asset.
· Accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) is an asset.
· 10+ years of experience in a professional service environment
· 10+ years of experience in a management role.
More search results
Battle River Power Coop
Accountant, Foreign Real Estate Accounting
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
ICON Stone & Tile
Chair and Board Members (3)
Calgary Arts Development Authority
2018 CFE Writer or Chartered Professional Account…
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP