Metrix Group LLP is looking for an energetic and results oriented self-starter to join our team as a Senior Accountant. The successful candidate(s) will have the opportunity to develop their career in a forward looking and thriving firm that has doubled in size over the past five years and continues to exceed growth targets through organic mergers, partnerships and collaborations!
At Metrix, we understand that exceptional service for our clients is directly linked to our exceptional team! Partnered with your established technical knowledge, audit and assurance experience as well as your commitment to delivering integrity, hard work and clarity to serve your clients, we invest in leadership development, opportunities, coaching and mentorship to take you to the next level in your career. As a Senior Accountant, you will have the opportunity to lead yourself and others while continuing to develop high level competencies and gaining breadth of experience through a variety of services and industries. We are committed to creating opportunities that will empower you to exceed your personal and professional goals!
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
· Lead engagements and junior staff to exceed expectations
· Collaborate on engagement planning and execution as a leader, team member and independently
· Provide solutions to clients business, finance and internal controls issues
· Identify and participate in business development opportunities with existing and new clients
· Communicate clearly, concisely and consistently
· Providing coaching, advice and training to other staff members
Education & Experience
· 3+ years of public accounting experience with proven ability to lead others and engagements
· Professional Accounting designation (CPA)
· Experience in the Not for Profit, Private or Municipal sectors considered an asset
· Agile, flexible and organized – demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Commitment to innovation, process improvement and service excellence
· Travel required – candidate must have a driver’s license and means of transportation
Hours of Work & Compensation
· Flexible work hours
· Friday’s off in June, July and August
· Paid overtime (days in lieu or annual payout)
· Paid professional development
· 3 weeks’ vacation
· Competitive annual salary
· Extensive group benefits package including flex benefits
Who is Metrix Group?
Metrix Group LLP is a mid-sized CPA firm with offices in Edmonton, Lloydminster, Whitecourt and Evansburg employing a team of over 75 people, including 7 partners.
We have a well-established and vibrant practice offering our clients traditional accounting work (notice-to-reader, review and audit engagements) as well as providing specialty services in taxation, estates and trusts, business valuations, and consulting that serves a broad range of clients covering small-medium sized owner managed businesses, not-for-profit organizations, co-operatives, school divisions and local governments.
From our beginning in 1962, we have a rich history with a reputation built on integrity, hard work and clarity. In addition to our deep roots, we have and continue to experience a great deal of growth through organic expansion and numerous mergers, and we look forward to branching out and building our presence further into urban and rural areas in Alberta and Western Canada over the coming years.
We believe that giving back strengthens our communities, our employees and our firm. We are involved in various causes in our communities and encourage our employees to be actively involved in the causes they choose to support. Our involvement includes donations of time (paid volunteer time), energy and resources.
We also believe in building community within our walls – our incredible culture has resulted in less than 5% staff turnover year over year. We’re proud to share our many success stories of articling students growing into Audit Seniors, Managers, Senior Managers, Partners and in some rare cases, taking Executive level roles in industry thanks to the training and support that they received from us.
Interested in Launching Your Career with Metrix?
At Metrix Group, we’re invested in your future. Our team of professionals are energized by what they do and are looking for someone with the same vibrancy and passion!
Carla Rybchuk, Human Resources Manager
Metrix Group LLP
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.