Regional Controller, Canada Mountain
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services.
As the Regional Controller, Canada Mountain region, reporting to the Controller, Canada, you will provide financial expertise and analysis to the regional Leadership Team. Working closely with the Mountain Geographic Leader, (GL), you will lead regional financial reporting and analysis collaborating with Regional Leaders (RL) and Regional Business Leaders (RBL) on financial forecasts, margin analysis, asset management and annual budgeting as well as participate in all financial aspects of leading a successful geographic region of 2,100 employees.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide reporting, analysis, recommendations for continuous improvement and management support to Leadership, including monthly reporting, financial forecasts and utilization reporting for GL, RLs and Financial Services (FS) leadership.
- Establish financial services best practices that may be specific to the needs of the region and appropriately coordinate the roll out and change management aspects to the implementation of these best practices
- Key member of Leadership team providing support in the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes for the region including development of the Financial Services budget, identification of variances from regional budget to actual results, and mitigation plans with appropriate leadership.
- Participates in governance calls on major projects
- Leads and develops the FS team of five Financial Managers and their team of Project Administrators and Collection Assistants
- Champions asset management within the region and coordinates with Financial Managers (FM) and operations leadership as appropriate.
- Coordinates FS involvement in acquisition operational due diligence and integration planning, support, and training within the region.
- Coordinates regional activities related to external and internal (SOX) audit processes
- Participate with RLs in training of all new Business Center leaders using standard best practices.
- Work with senior leadership to develop business cases for strategic initiatives.
- Develop and track cost/benefit analysis of all strategic hires and recommend action when appropriate.
- Review M&BD spending and develop appropriate assessment and recommendations for leadership
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates maturity and an ability to develop relationships with senior levels of management.
- Knowledge of all Company policies and practices including practice & risk management, insurance, marketing, IT and HR.
- Ability to solve problems for management or provide the information required to make a decision.
- Excellent listening skills and an ability to discern the root cause of a problem and ability to respond with knowledge of best practices from across the organization.
- Fosters conversations between groups that would benefit from discussion.
- Understands the importance of systems and processes and how they can best be applied inside each business center to streamline administrative practices.
- Understands the types of projects and issues within the assigned region and what strategies can be undertaken.
Education and Experience
Accounting, Finance or equivalent designation (CPA or MBA).
Minimum 10 years previous experience and in a leadership role, in the A/E or Consulting industry
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.