- Macritchie Inc.
- Job Industry
- Banking, Finance, Management of Companies & Enterprises (incl. Consulting)
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Date: September 18, 2018
Closing Date: October 1, 2018
Title: Analyst, Real Estate Development
Macritchie is looking to hire a hard-working, motivated individual to join its growing team in Calgary for a full-time opportunity. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with a small team and be an integral part of a growing organization.
Macritchie is a real estate private equity firm focused on: (i) real estate classes such as self-storage, and (ii) value-adding opportunities including acquiring and repositioning underperforming assets. Macritchie acquires existing assets and develops new assets through development and construction. Macritchie has raised three investment funds to date which are focused in the U.S. market. Macritchie is headquartered in Calgary, AB.
This is an entry level position as part of the new opportunities and investment team. The individual will be responsible for assisting the team in current projects, as well as investigating new real estate asset classes. Work can be expected to include, but is not limited to:
- Utilize and summarize real estate data and analytics from various databases
- Build, maintain, and update accurate industry models
- Perform financial analyses of prospective investment opportunities and assist with investment committee memos
- Assist in assessing the feasibility of and developing the investment thesis for investing in various real estate asset classes
- Research and analyze publicly available information regarding companies
The individual will work directly with the management team based in the Calgary office. This role is full-time (40+ hours per week) commencing as soon as possible.
Education and Skills
- Financial or business-oriented undergraduate degree, such as a Bachelor of Commerce (preference for Real Estate & Finance specialization)
- Financial modelling skills
- High degree of Excel and PowerPoint knowledge and competence (knowledge of Excel languages such as VBA would be considered an asset)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and flexibility with job assignments of varying natures
- Very high level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Strong interest in investment and real estate development
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Macritchie thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.