Tremendous growth in our business has identified our need for a Vice President, Finance. VistaVu is an employee owned, gold level partner with SAP providing software solutions to businesses in a broad range of industries from locations in Canada and the United States. Headquartered in Calgary, the Vice President, Finance will report to our Chief Executive Officer and will serve as the key financial advisor and member of the executive leadership team.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Identifies, with our executive team, the key short-term financial and operational information necessary for our ongoing operations; implements systems and processes to provide that information;
- Participates in our annual strategic planning process;
- Enables better decision making by providing streamlined financial planning and analysis reports;
- Participates and engages in weekly, quarterly and annual planning and management activities – Align and Scaling Up;
- With our President, monitors our sales revenue pipeline and the forecasting and scheduling of service delivery personnel.
Financial and Cash Management
- Oversees our cash flow planning process including weekly cash updates and quarterly updates of our longer term cash flow forecast;
- Manages our bank loan covenant forecasting and compliance reporting;
- With the executive and management teams, organizes and oversees our annual budgeting process;
- With our CEO, identifies financing requirements and seeks bank and equity financing;
- Manages our lender relationships.
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Oversees management of our accounting group and ensures adequate resources are in place;
- Ensures appropriate internal controls over financial reporting are in place and effective;
- Oversees timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
- Maintains relationship with our external accountants and tax advisors and facilitates year-end external review.
Tax Planning and Compliance
- With the CEO and external tax advisors, manages our Canadian and US corporate tax plans to ensure optimum taxes payable and achievement of shareholder objectives;
- Monitors US and Canadian transfer pricing rules and ensure compliance with those rules through discussion with our external advisors;
- Ensures timely preparation and filing of Canadian and US tax returns.
Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Oversees the administration of our ESOP including the issuance and redemption of shares and maintenance of master schedules;
- Reviews on an annual basis with external legal and tax advisors the impact of any tax or regulatory changes on the ESOP;
- Prepares internal share valuation and coordinates periodic external share valuation.
- With the executive team, identifies key strategic, financial, operating and regulatory risks and coordinates the implementation of risk management processes;
- Prepares risk register / heat map and updates on a quarterly basis;
- Maintains relationship with insurers, and oversees insurance arrangements in Canada and the United States.
- Lead corporate governance activities with the executive team;
- Raise capital to achieve VistaVu’s mission in accordance with short and long term objectives;
- Provide financial guidance to the CEO in the identification and assessment of M&A opportunities;
- Undertake due diligence activities as required.
Education and Experience
- University Degree in Commerce;
- Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CMA, CGA, or CPA);
- 5-10 years post designation experience, preferably in a Controller role with hands on experience;
- Experience managing and administering a private company equity share plan;
- Experience in raising capital;
- Proven track record of driving business insights, actions, and accountability;
- Strong written and oral communication skills to communicate clearly across the organization and inspire confidence and buy-in to initiatives;
- Experience in foreign currency translation;
- Exceptional people leader with experience enabling teams to achieve excellence.