Senior Tax Specialist - Manager Level (or above)
Looking for a new opportunity and a break from the cold winters?
Interested in relocating to Vancouver, BC?
We are seeking a Senior Tax Specialist – Manager Level experienced in Owner Managed Businesses to join our Team. For the right senior level individual, we have an opportunity for Tax Partner.
Vanderluit + Associates is a well-established Chartered Professional Accounting firm. We provide accounting, tax and consulting services to a diverse group of clients. Our client base consists of professionals, construction, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other small and medium-sized businesses.
We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver quality service that exceeds client expectations. We are conveniently located in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver.
The successful candidate will be a CPA who has completed the CICA In-Depth Tax Course and has at least 2 years post in-depth tax experience. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a great team in a growing, progressive firm with unimpeded potential to grow and learn.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide tax planning services to private companies, including corporate reorganizations & estate planning.
- Lead and review corporate and personal tax compliance engagements
- Resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members.
- Develop and implement tax strategies for various clients.
- Ability to identify tax consulting opportunities.
- Mentor and develop junior Canadian Tax professionals
- Liaise directly with clients and the Canada Revenue Agency on tax engagements
- Prepare & file tax elections
Competencies and Skills
- Completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Courses
- 3 years minimum of post CICA In-depth Tax Courses experience in Canadian Tax
- 5 years minimum of post-designation public practice experience
- Experienced in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services firm.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; ability to think and communicate in a logical concise fashion.
- Ability to multi-task
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Solid technical knowledge of the Tax Act
As a personable team player, you value a work environment that is healthy, supportive, fast-paced, and challenging. You are motivated to produce high quality work and enjoy the challenges and rewards with working in a CPA firm.
Employment Package - We provide a competitive salary, including medical benefits, member dues, professional development courses, and a four-day work week in the summer.
Please submit by email your cover letter and resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager
No phone calls please. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview.