- Johnstone Ritchie Executive Search
- Head Office
- Salary, bonus, benefits
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Exploration and Development
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Suite 2200 - 444 - 5th Avenue SW
Calgary AB Canada T2P 2T8
Search #935 Financial & Operations Accountant
Our client is a Calgary-based, well-financed and operationally active private midstream company established in 2016. They are in the development of an investment platform focused on Western Canadian midstream infrastructure. Their growth hasbeen initiated through acquisitions, expansion of existing facilities and new builds.
Why Consider This Role?
• They currently have assets in place greater than $3 billion and backstopped by long term contracts. This demonstrates their financial strength and management’s ability to close
• Your work contributes to the decision-making process immediately
• With a culture of success several times in the past, our client is building this company for the long-term. Consequently, a high performer will have career upside
• This is a dynamic company and a dynamic role. Attitude, initiative and work ethic are hallmarks of the founders
As a member of a multidisciplinary financial and operational team, the Accountant will report directly to the Controller, work closely with the CFO along with operations and management ensuring the optimization of the company’s asset base.
Activities and Responsibilities
The successful candidate’s duties will involve Finance, Treasury and day to day accounting. In addition, you will have input on data management, administration and controls/supply chain.
• Perform the day-to-day accounting for a group of corporations and partnerships including A/P, A/R, Bank reconciliations, GST filings, G&A recovery, G&A budget, and more.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and notes
• Assist with the preparation of the annual management discussion and analysis
• Participate in development and maintenance of processes and internal controls for financial reporting systems, integrity of financial data, including data security
• Work in conjunction with Controller and CFO to ensure the Corporation’s assets are safeguarded
• Provide adhoc support for the organization’s initiatives and business development projects
Qualifications and Experience
• Designated accountant with 4-6 years of related work experience within midstream, pipeline or upstream industries in Western Canada
• Progressive experience is required in an accounting/finance department where you were accountable for the full-cycle, consolidated accounting process
• Ability to demonstrate accounting practices, policies, procedures and systems with a good understanding of IFRS
• Qbyte experience is preferred, CaseWare is an asset, advanced excel user and strong general systems aptitude
To Advance Your Career Reply in Confidence to
Trevor Johnstone (403) 539-9420 email@example.com
Empowering your company with the finest people!
More search results
2018 CFE Writer or Chartered Professional Account…
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre