Fort McMurray, AB
E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 700 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, permanent DIVISION ACCOUNTANT, to work full-time in our Fort McMurray Office.
Reporting to the Controller, the Divisional Accountant is responsible for managing all the accounting and financial aspects of E Construction’s Fort McMurray Operations.
- Coordinate and process all aspects of divisional accounting, including month end procedures, job costing analysis, payroll, trucking, subcontractors and accounts payable, invoicing and accounts receivable, accounting for production processes, inventory control and reconciling pit inventories, equipment reporting, job adjustments and various financial statements and reports.
- Conduct month end closings and reviews with the Division Manager, General Manager and VP of Finance.
- Prepare divisional monthly and year-end financial statements, ensuring the completion of all critical and necessary reporting within specified deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and projections, three times yearly.
- Oversee the management of the division’s cash flow, ensuring the timely preparation of invoices and collection of accounts receivables, including holdbacks
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the division.
- Manage the aggregate inventory process, to ensure proper evaluations and controls are followed, including overseeing physical inventory counts.
- Compilation and reporting of production volumes.
- Provide support and guidance to the administrative positions in the office.
- Evaluate, monitor and make recommendations with respect to financial policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Complete ad-hoc reporting, as requested.
- Ensure division compliance with controls, safeguards, and company policies.
- Other Accounting duties as required.
- Minimum, High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Post-secondary graduate, with a concentration in Business, Accounting or related program, from a recognized institution is required.
- Designated or seeking designation as a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Accounting or Finance position.
- Accounting experience within the construction industry preferred.
- Knowledge of the accounting cycle and accounting terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and computer software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Preference will be given to local applicants.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive and attractive salary package
- Eligibility to participate in company bonus plan
- Educational assistance.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Health Spending Account, etc.
- Employer matched pension plan.
- Company sponsored professional development opportunities.
- Participation in the various reward programs.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We additionally thank recruitment agencies for your interest, however we will not be requiring your services at this time.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application.