Financial Reporting Lead Comp 2018-1503
We select dedicated people just like you to care for our clients, those who offer compassion, knowledge and commitment to the treatment, progress, outcomes and lives of our clients. We are motivated to employ individuals who are passionate about what they do and, are naturally driven to uphold our client-centered approach, contribute to best-practice solutions and a desire to take their careers to the next level within Carewest.
We are one of Canada’s largest public healthcare providers of complex continuing care, rehabilitation and recovery services, and a wide variety of community programs for seniors and adults under the age of 65. With 13 locations across Calgary and a team of over 2,600 employees, we offer a diverse, interdisciplinary and expert community of health care professionals. Our innovative practices allow for optimal opportunities to learn, grow and excel with us.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this Regular Full Time leadership position is responsible for the preparation and review of all external and internal financial reports including; the annual audited financial statements, monthly and quarterly reporting to the Carewest Executive Team and Board, balanced scorecard reports, and reporting to funding agencies. Other key responsibilities include the planning and execution of the external audit process, development and maintenance of finance policies and procedures, financial education and orientation to Operational Managers, and review of contracts for risk identification and financial impact. Responsible for other related duties and projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration with a focus in finance or accounting
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) is required
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of progressive financial experience, with experience in strategic financial planning and budgeting preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically with an ability to explain complex financial information to a non-financial audience
- Strong computer skills, with an ability to perform complex functions in Excel. Knowledge of Oracle is an asset
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships both within and outside of the organization with a strong focus on customer service
- Experience in improving financial literacy and building financial knowledge and capacity within an organization
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, preferably with experience in Public Sector Accounting Standards
- Able to work collaboratively as a team to achieve objectives, but takes accountability over areas of responsibility
- Motivated to continuously improve with an ability to adopt change management initiatives
- Experience in healthcare or the public sector is an asset
Carewest has been recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers acknowledging our commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance, providing competitive salaries & benefits, and the promotion of teamwork in a collaborative healthcare environment. If you share our vision and are dedicated to joining our growing team, please review our open positions and apply today!