Pro Bono Accountant for NFP Transforming the Lives of Children & Families in TANZANIA | 4-6 Weeks
- 4 - 6 Weeks in TANZANIA
- Volunteer Assignment, Accommodation provided
- Job Industry
- Education, Finance, Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, Volunteer
- Job Type
- Contract (includes summer)
A unique opportunity is available for an experienced accountant (CPA/ICAA/CMA or equivalent) to share their accounting & finance skills with a not-for-profit organisation in Tanzania for up to 6 weeks.
Our partner is based in the coastal city of Tanga, with the mission to transform the lives of children & their families through the provision of free early years education for the most vulnerable children from their day care centre and advocating for children to stay living in their family homes.
The organisation found from surveys that the majority of residents in local children’s homes where there because of poverty and not because they did not have families. The organisation also work with the children’s parents and guardians to develop economic and food security to help them to support their children.
They are seeking a Pro Bono Financial or Management Accountant to support their local staff in developing their accounting systems, budget planning and forecasting to enable them to sustain this life-changing work.
Responsibilities of Pro Bono Accountant
- Reviewing our partner’s progress since the last volunteer’s placement
- Providing further training as needed
- Providing training to local staff on budgeting and forecasting.
- Supporting the development of budgets to be used for grant applications
- In addition to the above you will also be helping them to address the discrepancy in their financial years which are different for the UK and Tanzanian entity and causing excess work.
Accounting for International Development
AfID offers every type of accountant, from anywhere in the world the opportunity to use their skills to support a broad range of non-profit organisations globally. Volunteer assignments from 2 weeks form part of our ongoing strategy to build the financial management capacity of charities in over 50 countries.
To express your interest in this role or explore other volunteering opportunities for accountants in Africa, Asia or South America, please email your CV & cover letter to AfID and visit the Accounting for International Development website.