Intermediate Accountant, Hotels
- MasterBuilt Hotels
- Calgary, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Food Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
MasterBUILT® Hotels develops, builds, manages and invests in best-in-class limited service hotels across Canada. We live and breathe new build hotels…developing more than anyone else in the country. Being an industry leader means we are always in search of the best people that share our four Core Obsessions, are Ideal Team Players, and a have a desire to learn and grow.
Intermediate Accountant, Hotels
(Bilingual – English / French)
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, Hotel Operations, the Intermediate Accountant, Hotels will be responsible for all day-to-day accounting for multiple hotel operations, including reconciliations, full cycle monthly financial statements, and quarterly working paper binders.
This is a full-time permanent position and requires the ability to be very organized in a fast paced environment. Strong communication skills in both English and French are required, as an important part of the position involves phone conversations with vendors and general managers.
- Standardization of all accounting processes and procedures across managed hotel portfolio
- Accounting for hotel operations, including full-cycle accounts payable, receivable and reconciliation of monthly accruals and adjustments. Includes setup of new properties under management.
- Maintain accounting files and arrange for archiving of old records annually
- Work in collaboration with Director of Finance to analyze cash flow forecasting
- Variance analysis for budget versus actual information in operating entities
- Track Fixed asset schedules
- Provide back-up administration of all software issues related to hotel accounting
- GST, QST, PST, hotel tax compliance preparation including communications with CRA and Revenue Quebec (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Preparation of hotel financial reporting under responsibility (monthly, quarterly).
- Preparation of quarterly and year-end working paper packages for each hotel under responsibility
- Work with Directors of Operations and General Managers to provide assistance with both the preparation of the annual budget and monthly rolling forecasts for the hotels
- Bilingual (French/English) required
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
Mission Critical Competencies
- Ability to troubleshoot, strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently or under minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate being a team player
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- A fun, positive attitude with a sense of humour
- Accounting Diploma/Degree and/or classes towards CPA designation
- A corporate culture that our employees describe as: Entrepreneurial, Results Focused, Relationship Oriented, Supportive of Growth & Learning, Collaborative, Empowering and Fun
- An opportunity to put your creativity to work: we want to be the trend setters, not the ones fighting to catch up
- A flexible benefits package that recognizes various personal/family situations
- A rewarding culture to maintain and add value to
- A supportive management team who walks the talk
- A cooperative management team that is strategic and forward thinkin
To apply send all resumes to https://masterbuiltsuperior.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=75. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted. No phone calls please.