Manager, Financial Accounting
Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is looking for a progressive and enthusiastic leader to fill a vacant position in our accounting organization. Reporting to PMC’s Senior Manager, Accounting, the successful candidate will manage the financial accounting process within our organization while collaborating with departments and peers to ensure timely and accurate recording of financial accounting transactions. To successfully fulfill this role, you will need to build a team of strong, engaged performers and build strong, trusted relationships with business partners and other accounting managers in the company.
- Manage our financial accounting process, including coordination and communication with other accounting managers and departments;
- Supervise a team of developing and qualified accountants;
- Develop strong alliances with other managers and business partners to gain an understanding of their business and information requirements;
- Lead initiatives with accounting and business teams to resolve complex accounting issues such as accounting for pensions and environmental liabilities;
- Enhance our current business processes and procedures to facilitate a streamlined monthly close process;
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles;
- Design and maintain required SOX controls for the Financial Accounting group; and
- Advisor to company management regarding financial accounting treatment of business transactions.
- A professional accounting designation;
- 10 - 15 years of accounting experience preferably in the oil and gas showing progressively increased responsibility;
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in interpretation and application of US GAAP concepts;
- Exceptional communication, organization and facilitation skills with the ability to build strong, positive relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team of accountants and financial accounting specialists;
- Motivated, energetic and positive self-starter with excellent communication and coaching skills;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail; and
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications and ability to digest data and information from other software sources.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to October 12, 2018, to:
Plains Midstream Canada
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 1400, 607 – 8th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 0A7
Confidential Fax: (403) 261-7412
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.