Corporate Accountant (Month-End-Close) - Calgary
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Corporate Accounting, the corporate accountant is an integral part of the team responsible for the accurate and timely closure of the CO module in SAP, accounting and reporting for Nitrogen, Phosphate and Potash (N,P,K) Business Units. This role offers a broad introduction to a number of areas integral to the Business and access to work with a variety of diverse stakeholders.
- This role will assist in internal and external reporting activities and will interface with:
- Corporate Accounting team members
- Business Unit teams
- Safety Health and Environment Team
- Corporate Reporting
- Month end management reporting and accounting
- Monthly close of CO module within SAP
- Support of N,P,K Business Units with ad-hoc requests
- Multiple Corporate Cost allocations including Insurance, IT and HR costs
- Management of key accruals to accurately record business units’ liabilities
- Balance sheet reconciliations and governance
- Participate in projects as required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and understand business and system processes.
- Well-developed problem-solving, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be able to work as an effective and contributing member of a team or independently as the need arises.
- Maintains effective working relationships with stakeholders within own department and across other departments within Corporate accounting/finance function. Manages some ad hoc requests directly, seeks support from Senior Manager as required.
- Interprets and reaches conclusions, develops alternative solutions, demonstrating basic understanding of related work areas/disciplines.
- Attainment of an undergraduate degree
- Professional accounting designation
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience, preferably in a large multi-national company
- Understanding of IFRS
- Experience with a large ERP (SAP experience preferred)
- Advanced level Excel skills,
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to proactively collaborate across finance groups to achieve cross functional success
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.