Financial Reporting Lead
- City of Calgary
- Level F $88,307 - 135,252 per annum
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
- Contract (includes summer)
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Officer, you will be responsible to provide direction, ensure continued integrity and proactively manage the preparation of The City's annual report process and other internal financial reports. Primary duties include:
- Coordinate The City's financial year-end process.
- Prepare The City's annual financial statements, the Provincial financial report, and other financial reporting required by senior governments and private institutions, in accordance with professional accounting and audit requirements.
- Review business unit financial reporting submissions and provide financial expertise.
- Prepare, coordinate and implement City-wide reporting policy and procedures to provide interpretations and guidance to civic staff on reporting matters.
- Serve as the primary liaison between The City and the external auditor.
- Respond to a wide variety of internal and external requests for financial information, analysis and advice.
- Serve as a key resource in corporate studies of a financial and analytical nature.
A degree in a relevant discipline plus a professional accounting designation such as Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), combined with a minimum of 8 years of related work experience.
Experience must include at least 3 years in a large public accounting firm environment combined with additional experience in annual financial statement preparation.
An intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint), and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel are required.
Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) experience would be an asset.
Familiarity with a large enterprise accounting system such as PeopleSoft Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM) or Systems Applications and Products (SAP) Business Objects will be considered an asset.
Strong organizational skills regarding establishing and maintaining the financial reporting cycle is necessary.
Solid strategic leadership and management capability to achieve results that are aligned with organizational goals, nurturing an environment to strengthen the workplace, political acumen and exceptional communication skills.
Strong customer focus orientation is required as well as the ability to build relationships with business clients and colleagues.
Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: Finance
Position Type: Temporary (up to 18 months)
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Level F $88,307 - 135,252 per annum
Days of Work: This position typically works a 5 day
work week, earning 1 day off in each 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: October 17, 2018
Job ID #: 301311