Grow, Learn and lead at every point in your career with KPMG.
The Audit practice in our Edmonton office is looking for a Manager/Senior Manager to work with a variety of clients in a diverse array of industries.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, work with new clients and industries, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
KPMG's Audit practice helps clients manage risk so they can focus on their core businesses. By intimately understanding the client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
The Audit Manager/Senior Manager will be required to apply KPMG's audit and accounting practices & methodologies on client's engagements and have the ability to manage the relationship with the clients, practice leaders, and junior staff.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the audit of the clients.
- Participate in the practice group to assist in implementing the business plan.
- Work with members of the assurance management group to meet the goals of the assurance financial plan.
- Counsel, train, and mentor audit staff.
- Apply KPMG's audit and accounting practices/methodologies on client engagements.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dedication and strong work effort.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage staff through effective delegation.
- Strong mentoring and performance management skills.
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to understand the clients businesses.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Deliver quality service and value to clients.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Must have a Canadian CPA designation.
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting firm.
Keys to your success
- Being driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Maintaining regular communication with the leadership team including Partners, as well as clients.
- Bringing intelligence and dedication to meet demands at key times of pressure to execute final deliverables to the client.