- Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc.
- Calgary, AB
- Job Industry
- Computer Software & Hardware
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Position Title: Financial Controller
Managing the monthly finance and accounting activities of the company within generally accepted accounting principles including the standard accounting cycle, generation of financial statements, and treasury. In addition, this position will support and assist in periodic activities including annual budgeting, audits, and government reporting. Management, leadership and mentoring of the finance and accounting staff.
Significant Detailed Responsibilities:
- Manage, mentor and lead accounting department resources.
- Oversee the transactional requirements of the company including AP, AR, payroll, monthly financial statement reporting including analysis, ancillary reporting and reconciliations as required.
- Cash management and treasury.
- Provide timely government reporting including GST, payroll remittances, and Stats Canada reporting.
- Assist in the annual SRED claim process.
- Prepare for and participate in the annual Audit including assistance in preparation of the annual non-consolidated and consolidated financial statements.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned from time to time.
- CPA or equivalent designation with a minimum of 5+ years of progressively senior level financial management and accounting experience.
- Experience in managing a team of resources.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, treasury and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge and experience in automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with potentially competing priorities within tight timeframes.
- Finance and accounting experience within the Technology industry (experience within a software company is an asset).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel at senior to expert level (knowledgeable in and comfortable with pivot tables, data queries to external sources and macros).
- A track record of process improvements and implementing efficiencies.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CGA, CMA)
- minimum technical diploma in related field
- bachelors degree is preferred but not required
About the Company:
Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc. is a Calgary based company that develops analytics software for the evaluation of cardiovascular MR and CT images. Circle Operates worldwide and has installations of their products cmr42, cvi42, and report42 in over 25 countries. Circle’s goal is to contribute to quality in cardiovascular imaging and research, maximizing the achievable benefit for patients by enabling healthcare providers to accurately and effectively analyze cardiovascular images.
Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc. holds globally recognized ISO 13485:2003 certifications from the prestigious British Standards Institution (BSI). This certification includes Standards Council of Canada (SCC) endorsement under Canadian Medical Device Conformity Assessment System (CMDCAS) scheme. In addition to ISO 13485:2003, the company quality system is established and maintained to comply with European Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC and US FDA Quality System Regulations, 21 CFR Part 820.
While we thank all those who apply, please note that we will only be contacting those selected for an interview. No phone calls or unsolicited agency referrals please. Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Please send resume with a cover letter attention of Human Resources to the following;
Fax: +1 403 338 1895
Mail: Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc.
250, 815 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3P2