Business Manager - Surrey
Reporting directly to the General Manager, Pacific, the Business Manager is responsible for the accurate preparation of regional financial statements, budgets, forecasts and operational reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The Business Manager will work closely with the General Manager and other regional business leaders in developing business plans, monitoring results and identifying opportunities to improve performance. The Business Manager is also responsible for overseeing, reviewing and managing a team that supports the regional financial and administrative transactions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, pricing and banking initiatives.
- Prepare and present accurate and timely regional financial statements, budgets, forecasts and operational reports to aid the regional leadership team in making informed business decisions.
- Oversee, validate and maintain the integrity of journal entries, general ledger, and reconciliation of accounts. Ensure that general cost allocations accurately reflect the lines of business.
- Assist regional managers with the preparation of annual budgets and ensure they understand the financial information provided. Assist managers in identifying opportunities to improve their business and the company’s bottom line results.
- Review, analyze and evaluate the key performance metrics and provide recommendations to members of the regional leadership team to improve profitability.
- Participate and provide information on regional strategic planning.
- Preparation and review of business cases to ensure only economically viable projects are undertaken.
- Lead, coach and develop the regional Business Administration Team while ensuring a talent pool is created for Superior Propane’s current and future needs.
- Oversee and manage the regional financial and administrative transactions ensuring they are processed accurately and in a timely manner and that the information is accurately reflected in EnterpriseOne.
- Instill a sense of customer service and excellence within the team, leveraging technology and standardizing procedures that force a consistent and professional accounting model.
- Promote and leverage technology, JDE EnterpriseOne and Insight and its efficiencies to:
- Assist in the development of clear business metrics that provide an accurate and fair overview of operational effectiveness and progress toward strategic objectives; and
- Eliminate redundancies, improve efficiencies and ensure effective delivery to the business; and
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the business and bottom line results; and
- Anticipate and prevent problems or quickly resolve areas of concern.
- Assist in maintaining and enforcing the integrity of the policies and practices implemented by ensuring that they meet International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and are in accordance with accepted practices of internal control as governed by Canadian Sarbanes Oxley (CSOX).
- Question information and current practices to elevate performance to a higher level.
- Maintain positive and pro-active partnerships with regional and national teams and functional area experts.
- University degree in a related field.
- Chartered Accounting (CA), Certified General Accounting (CGA) or Certified Managerial Accounting designation (CMA).
- More than five (5) up to 10 years accounting experience.
- Previous supervisory skills are an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills are essential to this role, including Microsoft Excel and Access. Exposure to the JDE - E1 ERP system considered an advantage.
- Developed understanding and knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Developed understanding and knowledge with Canadian Sarbanes Oxley (Bill 198)
- Strong knowledge of business and a good business sense.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to gain the trust and confidence of managers.
- Well organized and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Solid team player with exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is required.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please apply online.