Senior Accountant, Privately Held Business Group
- Grant Thornton
- Job Industry
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – pre-approved program route
- Job Type
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a special organization that’s purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is (ours is grape, just so you know).
As a Senior Accountant, some of your responsibilities will include:
• Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of accounting and financial services
• Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
• Be part of a fast growing environment with well respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
• Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion
• Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
• Bookkeeping and investment tracking for a corporate investment group
• Providing solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
• Planning, preparation and execution of financial statements with appropriate note disclosures
• Providing accounting services such as review and notice to reader engagements as well as analyzing and preparing personal, trust and corporate tax returns
• Working closely with clients in different industries and sectors as well as colleagues to provide exceptional client service
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Accountant? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Completion or close to completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA)
• At least two years, post designation, public practice experience, preferably with owner managed clients
• Experience in audit, would be an asset
• Proven leadership ability
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
• Problem solver with solid analytical skills
• Experience in Caseware / Caseview software would be an asset
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong technical expertise in accounting and professional standards
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.