Senior Treasury Advisor
Competition number: 277-2018-EXT-CFIN
Closing date: 31/10/2018
Job type: Permanent Full-time
Department: Corporate Finance
Pay range: $89,981 to $112,476
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Senior Treasury Advisor provides in-depth financial analysis, reporting, and internal control expertise to contribute to the planning and delivery of comprehensive treasury services for Strathcona County.
This position leads and coordinates the implementation, maintenance, and review of treasury models, structures, and processes to ensure internal and external financial requirements are met. In addition, this position partners with senior financial staff to coordinate and oversee the provision of critical financial analyses to inform the County's decision makers about the management of its treasury operations.
· Review, recommend, and implement internal and external financial reporting requirements for treasury functions to contribute to continuous improvements in reporting and process.
· Coordinate and oversee the planning, preparation and analysis of quarterly, annual, and ad hoc treasury results, including revenues, liabilities, and reserves.
· Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, including Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) and the Municipal Government Act (MGA).
· Establish and review accounting processes to ensure compliance with policy, standards, and agreements for treasury functions.
· Provide strategic financial accounting expertise to facilitate management of Treasury activity, including revenue, investment, and borrowing decisions.
· Research and analyze best practices across municipalities to develop improvements and efficiencies.
· Work closely with departmental accountants, divisional coordinators, and other areas in Financial Services to ensure proper communication within the organization in relation to treasury related accounting.
· Analyze complex financial information to determine reasonableness and accuracy, plus recommend solutions where discrepancies are identified.
· Lead key projects in the treasury management area such as policy development and payment card industry compliance.
· Supervise staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of accounting, efficiency of resources and high level of customer service.
Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of relevant provincial legislation, public sector accounting standards, and municipal policies and procedures.
· Strong strategic, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgement and work under pressure.
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to interact effectively with various teams and within a political setting.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, business software and financial information within an integrated ERP system.
· Ability to provide leadership for the development and management of corporate financial analysis and reporting, financial process, accounting systems, including establishment of policies, procedures, and guidelines in accordance with legislation.
· A university degree and a professional accounting designation (CPA) and a minimum of seven years of related experience.
· Experience in a municipal or similarly complex environment is preferred.
· Current professional development courses in treasury related functions is an asset.
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #277-2018-EXT-CFIN closes Oct. 31, 2018
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.
More search results
Battle River Power Coop
Accountant, Foreign Real Estate Accounting
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
ICON Stone & Tile
Chair and Board Members (3)
Calgary Arts Development Authority
2018 CFE Writer or Chartered Professional Account…
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP