- Equation Staffing Solutions Inc
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Management and development of a team of finance professionals in treasury, AP, tax, AR, cost accounting, etc.
- Analysis, annual planning, ongoing forecasting, business partnering, financial reporting, costing and accounting for the company’s Canadian manufacturing operations.
- Providing leadership with financial measurements to non-financial functions to motivate and challenge the management team.
- Provide financial analysis of cost and variances, sales discounting, workforce planning and management, inventory management, warranty, purchasing and budgets.
- Support the implementation of lean manufacturing by driving continuous improvement, re-sourcing, and value engineering projects.
- Proactively identify underperforming services and partner with other business disciplines to maximize shareholder value.
- Support key initiatives through high quality decision support such as cost analysis, make vs. buy, capital investment and new product profit goals.
- Implement productivity and value improvements within the finance function improving the quality and timeliness of reporting, insight, and transaction processing.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective internal control framework.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional accounting designation required.
- Implementation experience required (new accounting system implementation from scratch will be top priority).
- Minimum of five years managerial experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an accounting discipline.
- Five years of cost accounting and tax background/financial reporting is strongly recommended.
- Strong strategic orientation.
- High level of interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Prioritization and multi-tasking abilities.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience with ORACLE is a plus.