Financial Controller - Part-time
Canadian Discovery Ltd. is currently seeking a dynamic individual with excellent team work skills and a minimum of five years of leadership experience on a corporate accounting team. As the Controller, you will manage day to day accounting and be responsible for CDL’s finance, accounting and reporting activities.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day finance operations, including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other regulatory reporting requirements including, Canadian and UK income taxes.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting and month end reporting process.
- Preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports, including the annual SRED tax credit applications.
- Working closely with the external accountant in order to provide timely, and accurate year end statements.
- Developing and maintaining internal controls to increase the integrity and accuracy of the company’s financial data.
- Make recommendations to improve accounting, software, and management practices.
- Work closely with the CFO and the senior leadership team. Participate in team meetings and company initiatives.
- Assist with special projects or reports as required.
To succeed in this position, you will require:
- A professional accounting designation with a minimum 5 years of experience with revenue recognition (project % completion) interim billing.
- Strong process and technical accounting skills with advanced Excel skills and Simply Accounting.
- Strong knowledge of tax law compliance and government reporting regulations.
- Proven success in the management of various accounting functions including payroll, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, internal audit, financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills and ability to work with all levels within the organization
In return, we offer:
A unique and stimulating work environment, competitive compensation and career growth opportunities.
Application Deadline: November 2, 2018 (or until position is filled)
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter addressing your direct suitability to this role, and salary expectations.
Alison Lane, Human Resources, Canadian Discovery Ltd.
500, 622 – 5 Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 0M6
Canadian Discovery is an employee-owned company offering a unique and stimulating work environment, flexible hours and competitive compensation. For more information about our company, products and services, please visit: www.canadiandiscovery.com.
Thank you to all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.