Sphere Energy Corp. is a well-financed, private, oil & gas company based in Calgary, Alberta. Sphere explores for, develops, acquires and produces oil and natural gas in Western Canada. At present, the principle asset which Sphere operates is a multi-zone heavy oil property in Cactus Lake, Saskatchewan. The Company also holds interests in and operates oil and natural gas properties throughout Alberta, with the key assets being located in the southeastern portion of the province. Sphere is focused on developing longer term oil and natural gas properties through drilling in core areas along with acquiring complementary assets in these same areas.
The position is part of the Finance team and reports to the Vice President, Finance & CFO. The position is responsible for financial and management reporting for Sphere as well as its associated companies. The candidate also prepares annual budgets and cash forecasts which are updated quarterly. The position will be responsible for the supervision of joint venture accounting, accounts payable and receivables. The candidate will also provide assistance with the tax compliance process.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation with 5+ years of work experience preferably with a focus in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience with leading and working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is essential and experience with Pandell financial software is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of ASPE and the ability to compile and report financial results to stakeholders is required.
- Must be an effective communicator, be detail oriented and take initiative in completing tasks.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines associated with quarterly and year end processes.
Company Name: Sphere Energy Corp.
Email Address: info@sphereenergy.
Fax: (403) 269-3020