Accountant (full-time) and Accountant (18 month contract) Positions
Shawcor Oilfield Asset Management (OAM) is a leading oilfield asset and tubular management and services company to the upstream oil and gas industry. Its core business revolves around drill pipe, drill collars, drill tools, sucker rods, casing and production tubing, coating services, lined tubulars, and tubular products for production and completion. Shawcor OAM’s services include in-plant and mobile inspection, repair, machining, manufacturing, and web-based inventory management systems.
Are you determined, enthusiastic, eager to learn new things? Are you looking for an exciting challenge and the opportunity to grow and develop new skills? If you answered yes to all these questions, Shawcor Oilfield Asset Management is looking to add an Accountant (full-time) and Accountant (18 month contract--maternity leave) to the team in our Nisku, Alberta office.
The Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Prepare and review journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany and statutory reporting
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure accounting activities are in accordance with legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Prepare, analyze and reconcile monthly, quarterly and annual operating results
- Prepare and present financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Provide strategic analysis and ideas for improvement or efficiencies
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information
- Provide feedback and guidance on accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
- Ensure local, provincial and Federal taxes are calculated and remitted accurately and as per associated schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, and pursuing a designation
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Extensive knowledge and training in accounting
- Strong understanding of IFRS, government remittance regulations and benefits administration
- Strong communication skills
- Some payroll knowledge is required
We offer an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience. Shawcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire on the basis of merit.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to:
Fax: (780) 955-2822
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.