The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) is seeking a Risk Analyst to join our dynamic and team-oriented Risk & Audit team located in Edmonton, Alberta. The Risk Analyst, reporting to the Manager, Risk & Audit, will execute a broad range of enterprise risk management activities and programs that include but are not limited to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of risk assessment, governance, internal controls and compliance objectives with ATRF. The incumbent will provide support in the implementation of various risk management methodologies/tools for identification, assessment and management of enterprise risk. The Risk Analyst will also support reporting on enterprise risk profile to Executive Management and the Board.
The role will collaborate with the Manager, Risk and Audit and various departmental and process owners on identification, assessment and monitoring enterprise risk across our processes while supporting initiatives to continually improve the internal control environment. The role will work with Internal Auditor to provide input for the risk-based audit methodology, identify controls for periodic testing exercise and support risk reporting to Management and the Board.
The Risk Analyst is accountable for discharging the Risk & Audit team’s responsibilities with emphasis on providing support in the management of enterprise risk and effectiveness of internal controls. This position ensures that assets are adequately safeguarded, established company policies and procedures are consistently adhered to, reliable accounting and reporting systems are provided, and to assure that ATRF’s organizational and strategic planning initiatives are supported by a sound internal control framework.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate for this role will need a minimum of:
- Completion of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Commerce, Finance, Economics or equivalent).
- Professional designation, or progress towards one (CPA /CISA/ CRM/ FRM / PRM) will be preferred.
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience in financial services or an asset management organisation.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of enterprise risk management practices and methodologies.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with change management and process improvements.
- Good project risk management skills.
- Ability to work independently on a diverse range of tasks.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Understanding of risk management practices, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
As one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017, 2018, 2019) we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
Complete details are available on our website at www.atrf.com.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.