The ISL Edmonton office is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Senior Accountant, who will report to the Accounting Manger, to join our team of seven. This is an incredible opportunity for a person looking to join a company with awesome culture, a good work-life balance and a flexible workweek. The Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting packages as well as recurring reporting to management
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepares intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Prepares analysis, schedules and presentations where necessary
- Responsibility to continuously improve and strengthen depth of reporting
- Managing the preparation of all financial reports/statements in relation to the annual external audit
- Providing auditors with back up on a timely basis
- Works closely with the project accountants to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Payroll backup
- Works closely with the IT department in testing new reports or systems being implemented for financial analysis purposes
- Contribute to the development of new corporate processes/procedures
- Performs and supports various financial duties as required by management
- Provides thought leadership in the areas of best practices of financial analysis, financial reporting, financial data management, internal controls, and software tools.
- Ensures new reporting and analytical tools are developed, tested and implemented within our ERP (BST)
- Provides support to the rest of the accounting team as required (audit inquiries, accounting changes, month end process, etc.)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or nearing completion
- Minimum 7+ years of related experience in a similar type role
- Self-starter and comfortable working both in a team environment and independently
- Strong Accounting and Audit experience
- Proven problem solving ability of complex issues
- Excellent computer skills with focus in MS Excel
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels organization
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Full cycle accounting experience required
- Payroll experience considered an asset
- Engineering or construction accounting experience is considered an asset
ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd. is an award-winning full-service consulting firm dedicated to working with all levels of government and the private sector to deliver planning and design solutions for transportation, water, land, and environmental projects.
Our commitment to client success is built on a strong foundation: we know the communities we serve. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project’s life cycle.
ISL Engineering and Land Services is proud to be a Platinum Level Small and Medium Best Employer in Canada. ISL supports diversity and is an employment equity employer.
ISL offers opportunities for career development, an employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP program and competitive salaries with opportunities for an annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com