- Rohit Group of Companies
- Job Industry
- Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing, Property Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Divisional Accountant – Edmonton Division
Currently, we are in search of a Divisional Accountant to join our team!
Reporting to Operations Controller, the Divisional Accountant’s primary responsibility is to provide full cycle job cost accounting with timely and accurate financial reporting to monitor the performance of Rohit’s Communities division.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and processes various aspects of divisional accounting including but not limited to: intercompany transactions, project soft-cost allocations, cost accruals, hold back monitoring, review of work-in-progress construction activity transactions and closing transaction activities.
- Coordinate with the Operations Controller to ensure that a complete and accurate review of all projects is completed monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures to ensure that reporting systems accurately report the results of a division in a timely manner.
- Develop strong working relationships with Accounts Payable and Project Managers in order to facilitate timely and accurate project cost reporting.
- Preparation and on-going monitoring of land payment schedules and commitments.
- Project set-up in NewStar (accounting system)
- Monthly review of divisional Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable balances.
- Prepare and review all journal entries and working papers associated with month end, quarter end and year end reviews.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly divisional reporting packages for review by Project Managers and Senior Executive Management.
- Assist with the development of project budgets and building budgets, as required.
- Upload project budgets into NewStar (accounting system) and prepare variance analysis of actual to budget results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare and present general ad hoc reports and information requirements for Project Managers and Senior Executives.
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA).
- Minimum 3 years post-designation experience relating to financial reporting and particularly project accounting.
- Consideration will be given to candidates that bring experience in lieu of educational designations.
- Ability to work in fast paced, deadline orientated environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using NewStar is an asset.
Rooted in family values and entrepreneurial spirit, Rohit Group of Companies was founded in 1986 by Radhe Gupta. Together with his wife Krishna and son Rohit, Radhe grew the company from a small home builder to a diversified organization with operations in home building, residential and land development, residential rentals, commercial assets, and real estate lending. This vertical integration has positioned Rohit as an industry leader in Western Canada.
Our Vision is simple and straightforward – we are a “Real Estate Opportunity Company.”
Rohit Communities As a home builder, Rohit Group has built almost 5,000 homes across Western Canada. The business currently operates in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina and Fort McMurray, and is poised for future growth. It creates a true sense of community through an innovative perspective to generational living and unparalleled product diversification.
Rohit Commercial Rohit has been able to harness its design prowess to succeed in the commercial space as well, coupling that prowess with an innate ability to choose key build locations to create high quality residential and leasing opportunities.
Rohit Land Development With a portfolio of over 1,200 acres of land in Edmonton, Rohit Land Development is committed to crafting neighbourhoods that stand the test of time. The integration of home building, retail, commercial and land development teams allows Rohit to be at the cutting edge of urban planning.
Rohit Capital Rohit leverages all the knowledge, experience and nimble mindset of a builder and developer to invest in construction development and bridge financing. Rohit Capital provides functional capital and intelligent leveraging solutions for borrowers while maximizing returns for investors.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
As leaders in innovation, it comes as no surprise that Rohit Group has received multiple awards in recognition of development and design success, entrepreneurial spirit, workplace culture and philanthropy. Rohit has received national recognition as one of the Top 50 Small and Medium Employers in Canada and as one of Alberta’s Best Workplaces. To be selected in these competitions, Rohit has to exemplify industry leading traits in attracting and retaining top talent as well as offer an overall work experience that outrivaled countless other businesses. Rohit Group has also won Edmonton’s Home Builder of the Year four times in the past seven years.
Although a continually growing organization, Rohit Group hasn’t lost the foundation of being a family business. Each individual is dedicated to the success of the company, embracing the corporate values that Rohit Group was founded on and dubbing themselves Rohitians.
Rohit Group prides itself on creating a fun, challenging and exciting place to work. Rohitians are passionate, dedicated team players who put their best foot forward for the company every day. It’s this balance of hand work and fun that keeps the passion alive and team members engaged within the company.
The dynamic team is continuously innovating, and disrupting the industry with everything from groundbreaking technology to kitchen faucets.
Rohit Group has identified 8 core values that are at the heart of the organization:
Experience – Striving to exceed our clients’ expectations; to be fair, “plus a little bit more.”
Opportunity – Provide our clients, vendors, investors, and employees the potential to increase the return on their investment.
Efficiency – Optimizing solutions without compromising standards and or quality.
Integrity – To deliver on our intentions and commitments, while fostering responsible corporate and individual citizenship.
Innovation – Promote learning, encourage creative out of the box solutions and increase personal growth by coaching and mentoring our teammates.
Perseverance – Overcoming challenges.
Balance – Live, work & play.
Leadership – Raising the bar on achievement, inspiring others, and being a role model for others.
Giving back to the community has always been a fundamental initiative for the company. Through local development and a passionate Rohit team, we strive to give back to the communities in which we work. Through these initiatives, we continue to provide financial and volunteer assistance to local nonprofit and community groups. Partnering with many health, youth, senior and cultural organizations every year, Rohit makes a positive impact on the well-being of their communities. Rohit Group has demonstrated that giving back strengthens the core of a company, leaves and lasting impression and builds stronger relationships.
At Rohit Group, health and wellness are paramount concepts for our organization. This is why we supply all our permanent employees with a medical, dental, life and disability program. We also have a health and wellness plan to assist employees in becoming and staying healthy. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage
- Personal Wellness Spending Account
- Group Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability
- 100% employer matched Group RSP program
- Education reimbursement opportunities
- Discounted rate at select recreational facilities
- Employee discount program on Rohit products
- Employee referral programs
- And more!
If you are a passionate person looking for a challenging opportunity and rewarding career, look no further! We are always looking to add talented individuals to our team.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be sent to Human Resources:
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.