Vecima Networks, Inc. (TSE: VCM) is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products, employing over 300 people. Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, Broadband Internet Service and Telematics in over 30 countries.
Building on profitable operations, strong engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Vecima's products are in widespread demand. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent. Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for the coordination and preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting and forecasting requirements for Vecima. This position will also assist in the financial analysis related to key performance indicators for use in monthly reporting packages.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of Professional designation
- 3-5 years of financial reporting experience with a public issuer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure financial reporting is timely and accurate with strong attention to detail. Ensure accounting practices are appropriate, well implemented, and comply with company and professional standards
- Preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated and statutory financial statements, including note disclosures, working papers, and other public company filings, including MD&A
- Prepare quarterly internal management reports, analysis and commentary for management and the Audit Committee
- Responsible for researching and determining the appropriate IFRS accounting treatment for complex transactions and emerging areas, including preparation of accounting memos and appropriate note disclosures
- Responsible for maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting which includes leading the controls testing and continuously assessing and remedying any control deficiencies
- Responsible for reviewing and approving monthly reconciliations for complex transactions
- Supports month-end and year-end closing
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Responsible for assisting in Budget planning and analysis and rolling 12 month forecasts
- Strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to build relationships at the executive level and cross-functionally
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS; as well as continuous disclosure requirements
- Potential to assist with accounting and financial due diligence on acquisitions/investments
- Assist with Ad hoc projects as required
- Strong background in both financial accounting and reporting
- Experience supporting the planning process in a medium to large company preferred
- In depth knowledge of IFRS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Great Plains and Caseware are desired
- Experience in finance related technology implementations and / or upgrades is an asset
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as a Senior Financial Reporting Manager, we want to hear from you!