Your daily mission: Make sure our financial foundation is as strong as our coffee!
WHO ARE WE?
We make coffee. More specifically, we make deep, dark, delicious coffee. And we’ve done it for over 20 years.
It’s exceptional tasting coffee. And that could be why we’re Canada’s #1 selling Whole Bean coffee. But it could also be because all our coffee is Organic. And all our coffee is Fairtrade. And it’s all roasted right in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. It could also be because our customers are loyal, fervent and demand goodness in every cup.
And it’s not just our coffee that’s good. We’ve been named the Best Workplace in Canada by Great Place to Work for 2018! Our Kick Ass blend was named Canada’s Fairtrade Product of the Year in 2016. We know how to work hard and have fun. And we think we’re just getting started.
We believe great coffee is the answer to many things. But our question to the world is, “How will you wake up with us?”
WHO ARE YOU?
Some people dream in colour, some dream in black and white. You? You dream in numbers. You’re meticulous. We’re talking fine-toothed-comb fastidious; not even the tiniest detail gets past you unnoticed. You’re organized, efficient and methodical. Solving puzzles revs your engine. Shying away from a challenge isn’t your style. You pop open an excel sheet, rub your hands together with glee and say, “giddy up!”
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Defender of accurate data, you will make sure our general ledger is balanced, that all money is where it needs to be and that our foundation for financial reporting is rock solid. You’ll make sure we are ahead of the game for audits, tax submissions and all reporting. You’ll put your professional accounting experience to use and have fun while doing it!
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes
- Assist with monthly management and statutory reporting
- Enter monthly results and annual budgets into our corporate reporting system
- Prepare monthly balance sheets and P&L fluctuation & variance analysis
- Monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts, quarterly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Oversee the processing of inter-company transactions
- Oversee the preparation of foreign currency adjustments
- Ensure transactions comply with GAAP and internal policies
- Manage the fixed assets ledger
- Work closely with managers across the organization
- Coordinate with our tax advisors regarding US taxes payable and filing annual and quarterly returns
- Coordinate with our tax advisors regarding Canadian corporate taxes including preparing schedules for returns and filings
- Assist with the maintenance of key master data within our ERP system
- Organize year end audits, ensuring accuracy of information provided
- Ensure the accounting department’s standard work procedure documents are regularly updated
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with solid technical accounting experience.
- Certified or actively studying in the CPA program.
- Three to five years general ledger accounting experience is required.
- Strong Excel and ERP experience required.
- Annihilate mediocrity with strong attention to detail; high standards for quality; excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Professional problem solver. Big picture thinker. Proactive, strategic partner.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently, that also loves working as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout organization.