T1 Tax Manager / Partner Opportunity
T1 Tax Manager / Partner Opportunity
Alliance Accounting Group, Chartered Professional Accountants Inc.
Unit E – 2425 Victoria Avenue
Brandon, MB R7B 4H7
Are you a CPA or senior CPA student who simply loves public accounting?
Do you have the desire to achieve a high level position or partner in a medium sized firm?
Does utilizing technology in every aspect of what you do excite you?
Do you love working in a team environment, eager to share your innovative ideas?
Do you have considerable tax and accounting knowledge that you would love to expand upon?
Do you have leadership skills that you seek to unveil?
We are looking for a dynamic individual whose drive, love of the profession and genuine desire to service clients will motivate our firm to consider you for the next partner of the firm. We are a medium sized three partner firm whose commitment to the profession, our clients and our team are demonstrated by:
- New flagship office in Brandon, a newly renovated office in Hamiota and remote offices in Pilot Mound, Souris, Killarney and Deloraine
- The firm’s commitment to utilizing technology to maximum capacity (we have a full time IT Manager on staff)
- The firm’s commitment to move towards a paperless office
- Eagerness to document fully all of our processes so that work is completed consistently using the “Alliance Way”
- Open door policy allowing for responsibilities to be completed in team format
- Use of various “circles” within our team to draw input from all parties when making improvements to our systems and operations
- Having social events to simply have fun
- The firm’s commitment to team member career development and continuing education
- Constantly thinking outside the box for new and innovative ways to complete our work as well as serve our clients
Our firm constantly strives to make serving our clients an honour and working at our office something that you look forward to everyday.
Your first leadership role would be to manage the T1 department of services within our firm. General responsibilities would include:
- Organizing, leading and inspiring our T1 preparation team to achieve an efficient and timely completion of our T1 personal tax season
- Complete advanced tax returns that require additional skill and education
- Serve as a resource for our T1 team assisting them when direction is required
- Work with the entire firm team in approaching tax season in an orderly and controlled manner
- Fully understand and embrace technological software and tools available for tax preparation
- Encourage and implement new ideas to better serve our T1 clients
- Be prepared to carry an assigned client base of T1 clients
- At the conclusion of tax season, lead the team through an effective and thoughtful critique and seek out improvements for the next season
- In the off-season, researching and developing new innovative ways to improve the season
Further leadership opportunities would be explored with you, at a pace that conforms with your experience and education, including and not limited to:
- AgriStability Program involvement
- Corporate year end file completion moving towards review and tax planning for clients
- Working with partners to begin to build your own corporate client base
- Involvement in, or leadership of, more advanced corporate tax planning opportunities for clients
- Participation with the management/ownership group regarding the updating and fulfilling of our strategic plan
- Enhancing our firm’s professional exposure in our communities creating more awareness of our skills, abilities and culture
Excellent client service is a priority.
This is a full time position (35 hour week) in our Brandon office. An excellent employee benefit package is provided.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a CPA or a senior student with a passion for public practice (2 to 5 years experience is our target)
- Has a genuine desire to lead
- Has strong accounting skills with an excellent understanding of GAAP
- Has experience and skills relating to corporate tax preparation
- Has experience and skills relating to personal tax preparation
- Exposure to farming operations is an asset
- Has strong supervisory and training skills
- Is driven to continue to learn and improve their skills
- Is friendly, outgoing and wants to be an active participant in our youthful team environment
- Has incredibly strong work ethic with particular attention to project completion deadlines and a high quality of work
- Enjoys dealing with clients in a friendly and respectful manner
- Is neat, organized, attentive to detail and can prioritize quickly
- Has excellent computer processing skills with a genuine interest to working in a paperless and highly technological office
- Has exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Has a sense of humor and wants to contribute to a fun work environment
- Is motivated by a job well done
The Firm – Who Are We?
Alliance Accounting Group Chartered Professional Accountants Inc. is a dynamic accounting firm committed to delivering exceptional client service, high quality of work and innovative solutions for our clients. The Alliance Accounting Group is the merger of Anderson Strath, CGA and Knight Accounting CMA, two very respected and established Westman firms. Our current team consists of a combination of very experienced professionals mixed with a young team of career driven individuals. We have two staffed offices (Brandon MB and Hamiota MB) as well as four remote office locations in the Westman area. We are committed to employing the latest in technology and client service methods. We appreciate the importance of family and strive for work/family balance within our firm.
When applying for this position, candidates should:
- Provide a cover letter outlining why you would be the person we should hire as well as your salary expectations.
- Attach your resume clearly demonstrating how your skills and experience align with our needs
- Include your contact information with email address and phone number
- List of at least three references with contact information
- Indication of when you could begin work
We are certain that every applicant has some excellent qualities. Be certain to tell us all about yours!
Kindly direct your application to the attention of Valerie Thomson Strath, PHEc., CPA, CGA. Applications will be accepted by mail, hand-delivered to our office, uploaded to our website (allianceaccounting.ca) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This position is very unique and will be attractive to those future leaders of our profession who want to make a difference…in the lives of their clients…in the lives of their team members and in THEIR life!
We are genuinely excited to find you!