In business for more than 50 years, Buchanan Barry LLP provides its clients with outstanding service and its staff with an environment that promotes work-life balance. We encourage active living and strive to create an atmosphere that supports health and productivity.
We are looking for a Tax Senior to join our team! The core skills and responsibilities of this position are:
- Liaise with clients and their other advisers, and manage those relationships;
- Manage clients' high level personal and corporate tax and GST matters;
- Prepare complex tax returns, election forms and other compliance;
- Perform technical research, develop planning strategies and make appropriate recommendations to support deliverables;
- Prepare detailed planning and associated research;
- Prepare detailed correspondence with tax authorities and other professionals, and manage those relationships;
- Review complex corporate, trust, personal and partnership income tax returns;
- Work closely with Tax Partner on tax planning for our clients;
- Stay current with changes to tax legislation and facilitate development of tax team;
- Assist the Audit and Assurance department with complex tax compliance matters as required; and
- Identify marketing opportunities within existing internal and external networks.
Although concentration of work type varies over the year (i.e., more compliance in March and April), you can expect a work breakdown approximately as follows:
Tax planning – 25%
Complex tax compliance – 55%
Tax Controversy, including Voluntary Disclosures and Audits – 15%
Other – 5%
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant or CFE writer with tax experience in public practice;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Strong financial, analytical and project management skills;
- Strong work ethic;
- Possesses entrepreneurial spirit and a team player attitude.
If this position seems like an ideal opportunity for you, and you would like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com
*Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.