- Metalogic Inspection Services Inc
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Services
- Job Type
A diversified oilfield and power generation service company that develops and delivers its services to customers globally, currently with offices in Alberta and Texas.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the position requires an individual who has a strong background and understanding of labour, equipment and materials (“LEM”) processes. You have a strong work ethic, a passion for achievement and excellence and derive a high sense of satisfaction from creating growth for the business and your career.
This team member will be responsible for analyzing and reporting the results of multiple Projects and supporting the finance, operations and esitmating/sales functions. Further responsibility for Project analysis, data management support, process improvement, and cross-functional communication will also factor into the role.
DELIVERABLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and issue invoices to clients ensuring accuracy with contracts and applicable change orders
- Analysis of project margins and operating performance against forecasts in addition to identifying potential margin opportunities and risks in a timely fashion
- Perform month end review and entries, adjustments, accruals, reconciliations and revenue recognition
- Provide cost analysis and reports to measure actual to planned project progress for forecasting and client reporting
- Thorough understanding of customer agreements and contracts
- Thorough understanding of union agreements
- Participate in preparation of quotes and response to RFPs.
- Set-up and maintain rate tables for ongoing contracts and new contracts
- Perform regular reviews of project performance and ensure project are properly set up, maintained and closed upon completion
- Ensure all contractual obligations for project accounting are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner, working with customers diligently to address any issues
- Drive process improvement and implementation of best practices within the functional group, including taking initiative to identify gaps and areas of opportunity
- Support in any Client, Internal, and External audits/ attests
- Ad hoc Reporting or projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration or accounting
- Recently Designated or Currently enrolled to achieve a Professional Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Proven proficiency within a services contracting company
- Professional accounting experience including project costing, financial analysis and financial reporting
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to deal with change in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, both internal and external
- Able to multi-task, be adaptable and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel is required; as well as proficiency with computerized accounting software programs, preferably Microsoft GP