Senior Tax Specialist – Future TAX Partner
Are YOU looking for a new opportunity and a break from the cold winters? Interested in relocating to Vancouver, BC?
We’re looking for a Senior Tax Specialist with Partner Potential to join our Team. If you’re looking to build your future with an established growing accounting firm, we have just the opportunity for YOU!
The ideal candidate will be experienced in Owner Managed Businesses and will operate at a Senior Tax Specialist – Manager Level with solid tax planning and compliance experience.
- You are committed to excellence in Customer Service, in building a professional service-oriented team and have a strong interest in growing the firm.
- You are looking to transition to partnership within 3 years.
Vanderluit + Associates is a well-established Chartered Professional Accounting firm. We provide accounting, tax and consulting services to a diverse group of clients. Our client base consists of professionals, construction, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other small and medium-sized businesses.
We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver quality service that exceeds client expectations. We are conveniently located in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver.
The successful candidate will be a CPA who has completed the CICA In-Depth Tax Course and has at least five (5) years post in-depth tax experience. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a great team in a growing, progressive firm with unimpeded potential to grow and learn.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provide tax planning services to private companies, including corporate reorganizations & estate planning.
- Lead and review corporate and personal tax compliance engagements
- Resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members.
- Develop and implement tax strategies for various clients.
- Ability to identify tax consulting opportunities.
- Mentor and develop junior Canadian Tax professionals
- Liaise directly with clients and the Canada Revenue Agency on tax engagements
- Prepare & file tax elections
Competencies & Skills:
- Completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Courses
- 5 years minimum of post CICA In-depth Tax Courses experience in Canadian Tax
- 5 years minimum of post-designation public practice experience
- Experienced in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services firm.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; ability to think and communicate in a logical concise fashion.
- Ability to multi-task
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Solid technical knowledge of the Tax Act
As a personable team player, you value a work environment that is healthy, supportive, fast-paced, and challenging. You are motivated to produce high quality work and enjoy the challenges and rewards with working in a CPA firm.
We provide a competitive salary, including medical benefits, member dues, professional development courses, and a four-day work week in the summer.
Please submit by email your cover letter and resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager.
No phone calls please.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview.