The position of Controller at Arctos & Bird is a rare senior level opportunity in Banff National Park. We’re looking for a unique individual: someone who shares our values and can lead us towards our goals in this iconic Canadian location.
Arctos & Bird manages and develops inspiring properties and hospitality-based businesses including the Bison Courtyard, The Juniper Hotel & Bistro and the Wild Flour Bakery. We’re a company with a vision: to respect the environment, celebrate culture, and encourage learning in Banff National Park.
You are an experienced CPA who knows how to elevate values-based organizations to the next level. You dream of making a difference through your work. Imagine a role that offers a fantastic career opportunity, plus an active mountain lifestyle in one of the world’s most beautiful places.
If this inspires you, you’ll fit right in to our small, friendly team. We’ll support you with a welcoming work environment, comprehensive benefits, generous perks and regular staff events. Together, we’ll build a positive future.
Primary Objectives of the Role:
- Support senior management in financial oversight of Arctos & Bird’s properties and business units and measure operational results based on values-based business model;
- Improve accounting and operational systems and compliance to support and promote best practices across all business units;
- Attract, retain, engage, and promote the development of the accounting team.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Directing and managing Arctos & Bird’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, controls and procedures as well as the preparation of accurate financial statements, analysis and reports;
- Establish and ensure company compliance with financial reporting, regulatory and control requirements;
- Elevate business practices and reporting by incorporating values-based key performance indicators to measure company goals and objectives;
- Serve as a business partner to business unit leaders and the COO;
- Serve as a member of the senior management team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree in Business or Accounting, with a professional accounting designation.
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting practices and federal and provincial reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Leadership, management, and supervisory skills and experience.
- Ability to perform financial analysis and budgeting.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Excel and accounting systems; ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
- High level of critical, logical, and innovative thinking.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills.
To apply please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.