Senior Auditor, Internal Audit
The Senior Auditor, Internal Audit, is responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of audit engagements and advisory services projects in adherence to The Institute of Internal Auditors’ mandatory standards and guidance, including meeting the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Together with other Internal Audit team members, the Senior Auditor will carry out the responsibilities of the position in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter and department practices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the annual Internal Audit risk assessment.
- Assisting the Senior Manager, Internal Audit in the preparation of the annual risk-based audit plan.
- Assisting the Senior Manager, Internal Audit with resource allocation plans.
- Planning, executing and reporting on assigned audit engagements or advisory services projects.
- Documenting client objectives, related risks and controls based on audit engagement results.
- Conducting follow-up engagements on significant findings and recommendations of previously issued audit reports, including assessing the effectiveness of the implementation of management action plans related to important observations and recommendations.
- Maintaining good working relationships with clients to promote a partnership or trusted advisor approach in addressing and resolving governance, risk management and internal control issues and promoting opportunities for improvements.
- Maintaining professional knowledge of the investment management pension fund industry; continuously enhancing skills; adding to work experiences by taking on stretch assignments and maintaining professional certifications.
- Providing assistance, as required, to the Manager, Internal Controls in achieving objectives of AIMCo’s annual internal controls evaluation under a SOC1 Type II evaluation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience is required including 2 to 3 years internal audit experience.
- An accounting designation (e.g. CPA) or equivalency is required and the Certified Internal Auditor designation is desirable.
- Knowledge of the investment and/or pension industry and related standards, and/or Big 4 experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of internal control and IT frameworks.
- Superior capability in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
Note: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.