Civeo is a global workforce accommodation specialist that helps people maintain healthy, productive and connected lives while living and working away from home. Our unique approach focuses on guest wellbeing, operational efficiency, community building and a property development mindset - making us a leading provider of accommodation solutions
Civeo Canada LP is currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant, to provide financial support to the Corporate Accounting group. Located at our Corporate Head Office in Edmonton (3790-98 Street), this position reports directly to the Accounting Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for, preparation and recordings of monthly journal entries, assisting with the corporate monthly close process, income statement analysis and special projects within a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. In addition, the Accountant will work closely with the Controller and Operations team.
- Maintain and review general ledger activity (revenue to EBITDA) on Fleet projects on a monthly basis and prepare monthly account analysis and reconciliations.
- Preparation and maintenance of project financial statements for operational reporting.
- Prepare and review accounting transactions and journal entries.
- Assist in maintaining SOX compliance and supporting internal and external audit requirements.
- Review and analyze revenue accruals and contracts.
- Prepare and work with the operations teams to complete monthly forecast and annual budget for fleet contracts from construction through to turnkey operations.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- CPA designation or eligibility and expectation to sit for the CPA exam.
- 3-6 years of documented progressive accounting experience, experience in job/project costing preferred.
- Experience with PST application, tracking and filing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (advance Excel and Word skills an asset).
- JD Edwards accounting software and Hyperion experience is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Effective analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deliver results and meet customer expectations.
To apply, please submit resume online to http://civeo.com/people-careers/job-opportunities/
Civeo is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
18- S50 Senior Accountant