- The Children's Link Society
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
Description of Charity/Foundation:
The Children’s Link Society is committed to the development of a community where families of children with special needs and those who serve them are informed, supported, and valued.
The Children’s Link Society is known and valued for providing resources, information, parent-to-parent connections, and hope to families and professionals who care for and work with children and youth with special needs.
Description of Role:
The Children’s Link Society is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our Board of Directors as Treasurer. The Board Treasurer is an executive and voting member of the Board of Directors of the Children’s Link Society.
• Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs.
• Oversee the development of high level financial policies and their review by the board
• Ensure the board regularly monitors the Children’s Link financial performance and alerts it to any important discrepancies between planned and actual figures.
• Ensure the appropriate financial statements are reviewed by the board.
• Work with the bookkeeper who looks after preparing financial statements.
• Appoint independent auditors subject to approval of the Board
• Ensure that government tax filing and remittances are submitted on a timely basis
• Ensure that excess funds and reserves are properly held and invested.
• Chair the finance and audit committee.
• Serve as co-signor of cheques with at least one other signing officer.
• Help identify meaningful funding opportunities and work with the Executive Director to keep the board informed of important financial events, trends, and issues relevant to The Children’s Link.
• Assist the Executive Director and Board Chair with the development and presentation of the annual report.
• Work with the Ed and board to develop an annual budget for member’s approval.
• A commitment to The Children’s Link Society mission and strategic direction.
• Have an understanding of and experience with good financial management and reporting practices.
• A professional accounting designation is preferred.
• An appreciation of the kind and level of financial information required at a board level to support decision making.
• An ability to commit to the time required to fulfill the responsibilities described
1 Year to 2 Years
Charity/Foundation Website: http://www.childrenslink.ca