- Job Industry
- Job Type
The Senior Cost Analyst is responsible for reconciling all investment costs in the various systems at AIMCo. He/She will also review most of the duties performed by the Investment Cost Analyst to ensure accuracy and completeness. The Senior Cost Analyst is the subject matter expert of reports created in MS Excel and MS Power BI from various systems such as Simcorp Dimensions (“SCD”), SQL tables, and others. In addition, he/she will assist in various complex projects such as the annual Cost Effectiveness Management (“CEM”) Benchmarking project and the quarterly External Investment Fees Report as delegated by the Manager, Investment Costs & Reporting.
- Reconciling all third-party investment fees reported in SCD and the supporting files from various groups to ensure the fees are accurately reported in AIMCo’s financial statement.
- Modeling AIMCo's corporate costs in Excel to correctly allocate these costs to investment pools. In addition, the Senior Cost Analyst will use trend and variance analysis to review the reasonability of the allocated costs for Approval.
- Reviewing GST fees that AIMCo charges to our clients.
- Producing the Quarterly Budgeted Controllers Reports and the AIMCo Fees breakdown for the CIO Report.
- Calculating and validating the monthly Net Asset Value (NAV) for Public External Fund Managers.
- Assisting with the production of the annual CEM Benchmarking Survey.
- Assisting with the production of the annual budget of third-party fees.
- Leading investigations and troubleshooting fees which causes NAV breaks in SCD and working with SCD experts and Business Technology teams to resolve these breaks in SCD.
- Engaging with the Office of the Auditor General of Alberta auditors to ensure a smooth audit on an annual basis.
- Executing various initiatives and projects delegated by the Manager, Investment Costs & Reporting.
- Producing adhoc report requests from the portfolio managers, the Client Relations department, and external clients.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Holds a business, accounting, or related degree.
- Holds a professional CPA designation, with 1-3 years of post-designation experience.
- Is experienced with Simcorp Dimensions or other investment management software.
- Is an Excel expert and familiar with advanced formulas (INDEX, IF, OFFSET, VLOOKUP, etc.).
- Has a vast understanding of cost accounting and reporting. Can combine data from multiple sources (Excel, Simcorp, SQL, etc.) and produce meaningful reports using various tools such as PowerBI.
- Has basic understanding of SQL.
NOTE: Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Follow AIMCo on LinkedIn for company updates and investment highlights.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information and to apply, visit the careers section of AIMCo's website at www.aimco.alberta.ca