Investment Cost Analyst
The Investment Cost Analyst is responsible for the accurate allocation of monthly AIMCo overhead expenses to clients and pools as well as the production of Controller's Reports on a quarterly basis. In addition, he/she is accountable for the calculation, processing, and communication of monthly GST charges to clients and that external management fees are accurately recorded and compiled for AIMCo's quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Allocating monthly AIMCo overhead expenses to investments portfolios
- Coordinate with portfolio managers to assist the Manager, Budget and External Reporting in leading the Cost Evaluation Management project
- Calculating, processing, and recording monthly GST charges to clients and pools
- Compare AIMCo cost and returns with other institutional managers worldwide to determine organizational cost effectiveness
- Coordinate and compile all external management fees for board level budgeting and decision making
- Producing quarterly controller's reports to clients
- Compiling external management fees for AIMCo financial statements Reporting
- Record investment expenses into accounting system (Simcorp)
- Supporting annual preparation of cost effectiveness management survey
- Perform monthly book value reconciliation
- Compiling quarterly external management fees
- Assist in annual financal settlement audit process
Our Ideal Candidate
- Holds a business, accounting or related degree or diploma is preferred.
- Holds or is working towards a professional designation such as CPA or CFA.
- Has 3 to 5 years in a related accounting or investment field.
- Is experienced with Simcorp Dimensions.
- Has strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Is able to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Is able to work within a team in a professional and independent manner.
NOTE: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCO.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Follow AIMCo on LinkedIn for company updates.
For more information and to apply visit the careers section of AIMCo's website at www.aimco.alberta.ca