Accountant - intermediate
- Alberta Utilities Commission
- Job Industry
- Government/Public Administration, Utilities (Public & Private)
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
The AUC regulates the utilities sector, natural gas and electricity markets to protect social, economic and environmental interests of Alberta where competitive market forces do not.
Reporting to the Director of Financial and Procurement Services, this position provides support at an intermediate level in the application of sound accounting practices, assisting in preparing accurate and relevant financial information, and administration of efficient procurement policies and processes.
- Compile and analyse monthly financial reports and assist with preparation of annual financial statements.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual attest audit and correction of deficiencies noted by the Office of the Auditor General.
- Assist with development of accounting policy and processes.
- Conduct procedural reviews to test for the existence and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with financial policies and processes.
- Raise purchase orders according to AUC policy.
- Provide backup coverage for contract management.
- Support the execution of group and divisional operational plan initiatives.
- Perform moderate complexity tasks and special projects as assigned.
As the ideal candidate you will possess:
- Undergraduate degree and four years of related experience.
- Enrolment in the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) certification program required.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- One year of auditing experience or experience with internal control review.
- Two years of experience with preparation of financial statements including notes.
- Working experience with accounting software programs. Experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of audit processes and requirements to facilitate attest audit and meet Alberta government reporting timelines.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills, with a willingness to learn new software programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates skill in responding to customer needs both proactively and reactively in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, work groups across the organization.
- Driven to personally achieve quality results in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of relevant information processes and procedures.
How to apply:
Please reply by email and send your resume to email@example.com and include position number 18-030 and your name in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
More search results
Accountant, Investment Finance
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
Immigrant Services Calgary - Volunteer Board Memb…
Immigrant Services Calgary
Financial Systems Analyst
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Operations Accounting Manager
Recruitment Partners Inc.
Recruitment Partners Inc.