Vice President, Treasury
- Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Edmonton, Alberta
- $145,000.00 +
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Are you an entrepreneurial senior treasury professional?
Are you interested in building and developing your own treasury department?
Our client, an exciting and rapidly expanding Edmonton organization is seeking a Vice President, Treasury to do just that!
Our client is looking to add a strategic partner to their senior leadership team, to take ownership of all treasury functions, bringing their knowledge and background, and a fresh set of ideas to the department and organization. Ultimately, the Vice President, Treasury will be at the helm of determining and developing their role within the company, but other responsibilities will include: liquidity monitoring and management, investment of excess cash balances, interest rate risk management and formulation and execution of strategies pertaining to derivatives.
Reporting to the CFO, your key responsibilities will include:
- ongoing monitoring and projections of liquidity requirements; expected cash flow monitoring and tracking;
- optimizing the return on investment of excess cash balances;
- formulation of and the ongoing evolution of liquidity and interest rate risk management policies and reporting of compliance thereon;
- determination of the volume of deposits to be raised and cost of funds on lending transactions;
- management of interest rate risk and analysis and reporting of interest rate risk positions and trends;
- development and management of derivative strategies to manage interest rate risk;
- development and maintenance of cost effective financing strategies;
- preparation and presentation of the results of treasury activities to senior management;
- communication of treasury issues and recommendations effectively throughout the organization;
- assuring compliance with internal and regulatory limits affecting the organization’s treasury operations and remaining current on relevant legislation, regulations and requirements (including all internal policies and procedures) as they pertain to the position’s areas of responsibilities.
The Vice President, Treasury will possess senior-level experience in a similar treasury-focused role. They will also have a knack for change management and process development and will be eager to assist this organization in building and developing their treasury function, taking it to the next level. You will be an entrepreneur at heart, thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and have the competencies, knowledge and experience.
Further, you will have:
- comprehensive knowledge of derivative products, specifically interest rate swap contracts and hedging strategies primarily related to managing interest rate risk;
- a thorough knowledge of treasury products and securities markets;
- understanding of current industry best practices with respect to interest rate risk management;
- strong analytical and decision-making skills based on effective risk assessment/management;
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- superior interpersonal skills and the corporate presence to make high level presentation to Senior Executives;
- Experience within a larger organization, along with post-secondary education with a focus in finance, MBA, CFA and/or CTP would be considered an asset.
Connect with Us Today:
For more information for this exciting opportunity, connect today with Tamina Walji at (780) 424-4220, or apply online now at –