- DeGraves Pallard & Associates LLP
- Job Industry
- Public Accounting
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route, CPA Candidate Position – pre-approved program route
- Job Type
DeGraves Pallard & Associates LLP is looking for an additional team member for their office in Southwest Edmonton. We provide professional services to a number of growing businesses in the Edmonton and surrounding area. We also service many industries including oil and gas, construction, agriculture, manufacturing and real estate to name a few. Similar to our clients, we place great importance on providing a work environment that is both challenging and balanced for our employees.
Our services include preparing our client’s financial statements, corporate tax returns, personal tax returns and general accounting assistance.
We are looking for a team member that would want to grow with us and want to deliver exceptional service to our clients.
The following duties are performed as part of fulfilling the role of Senior Accountant with DeGraves Pallard & Associates LLP:
- Report directly to the Partners and communicating specific tax planning advice;
- Provide accounting and client service support as part of completing compilation engagements, tax returns and bookkeeping services;
- Perform and complete all assurance procedures related to review engagements including the necessary note disclosures under the Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises;
- Responsible for completing audit procedures within the various asset and liability accounts for not-for-profit organizations;
- Complete various tax returns including corporate, personal, estate and trust, statements of business and rental income related to personal tax returns, GST and not-for-profit information returns;
- Liaison with Canada Revenue Agency, financial institutions, investment brokers and other third parties to solve client inquiries;
- Regular meetings with Partners and clients to ensure tax installments related to both personal and business accounts are being remitted along with source and GST amounts preventing future interest and penalties being issued by the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Assist clients with financial data and business performance analysis and identify accounting errors during the course of the year;
- Coach and mentor junior accountants related to technical accounting questions and use of accounting software;
- Successfully develop procedures to improve efficiency
- Post graduate degree with a desire to enter the Chartered Professional Accounting program or be a Chartered Professional Accountant. Additional proficiencies will be considered as per the following:
- Knowledge of CaseWare and TaxPrep; and
- Experience with Notice to Reader Engagements and Review Engagements would be an asset.
What we can offer the right candidate:
- An opportunity to learn from strong accounting professionals and advance your career
- Excellent facilities and support from other staff members
- Strong remuneration and benefits along with Company flex days and generous vacation entitlements.
Reports to: Partner
Interested candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com by December 15, 2018. You can learn more about our firm at www.degravespallard.com.
More search results
Accountant, Investment Finance
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
Immigrant Services Calgary - Volunteer Board Memb…
Immigrant Services Calgary
Financial Systems Analyst
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Operations Accounting Manager
Recruitment Partners Inc.
Recruitment Partners Inc.