Tidewater is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Assistant Controller based in Calgary. The candidate would be responsible for assisting the Controller with the management of overall financial operations of Tidewater and will work with the controller to provide accurate information to the Board of Directors, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Assistant Controller will aid the Controller in directing and managing the company's accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements and reporting to senior management and externally. The Assistant Controller will also maintain the company's accounting systems and implement changes as required by the Controller.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist Controller in managing the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department.
- Work with Controller and operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making.
- Work with external auditors, audit committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist Controller with the preparation of financial information for quarterly and annual reports.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
- Assist with the implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting.
- Assist Controller in setting the priorities within accounting group.
- Coordinate the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Generate reports of performance against budgets.
- Support new systems or project selections and implement them from a strategic finance and internal control perspective.
- With input from the CFO, work with the Controller on the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervising accounting staff.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CA or CPA) required.
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS required.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Oil and Gas Midstream experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with Qbyte would be an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other financial reporting software
- Effective and highly collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a changing work environment
- Knowledge of internal control processes
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and manage workflow
- Self-directed and ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long term incentive plans.
Tidewater offers a comprehensive benefit program including health, dental and medical coverage, paramedical services, a healthcare spending account and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to:
We thank all interested candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.