Vice President, Finance
After being the leader in multi-family sales since 2006, Tim Logel launched Logel Homes in May 2017. With a continued focus on exceeding customer expectations and leadership in innovation, Logel Homes will continue to be a leader in the development and construction of multifamily communities. At Logel Homes, Excellence Comes Standard.
We are looking for a Vice President, Finance to join our growing and dynamic team. Reporting to the President & CEO, the VP, Finance’s role oversees all financial, accounting, tax and cash flow aspects of both the Cardel Lifestyles and Logel Homes brands. The successful individual will work closely in a collaborative team environment with the Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Customer Experience and the Senior Vice President of Construction to execute the business’ strategies, operations and succession plans as well as externally represent the brand at industry events.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Complete financial proformas to analyze land acquisitions
- Create and implement innovative financial models
- Manage the business’ financial objectives, corporate capital, assets and investment opportunities, including acquisition and divestiture planning.
- Leadership, supervision and control of the Finance and Accounting area’s staff and operations.
- Monitor operational financial results and make comparison to budgeted objectives. Recommend corrective action to resolve any unsatisfactory results.
- Oversee corporate responsibility for the accurate financial record keeping of the company.
- Prepare financing applications for each project and negotiate financing details with applicable financial institution.
- Preparation of a cash flow analysis at the end of the project to determine net cash available for distribution to the partners or shareholders.
- Participate in the strategic planning process with other members of the Executive team to implement business strategies and to support business needs.
- Senior contact with Alberta New Home Warranty. Negotiate new building enrolments with regard to legal documents, security and deposits required.
- Prepare annual budgets for unit sales/closings, construction volume, cash flows and management corporate and overhead budgets.
- Review monthly Proforma reports on existing projects and complete detailed variance analysis
- Complete Proformas and analysis on potential land acquisitions
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are met to ensure regulations of tax and reporting compliance.
- Design effective and innovative cash planning strategies based on cash flow forecasts to ensure the organization is maximizing assets and generating revenue.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations at each quarter end.
- Manage and mentor the IT Manager.
- Ensure that effective software and hardware solutions are in place to deliver organizational process management.
- Lead/Participate in innovation and implementation of new systems.
- Manage and provide mentorship to the HR Generalist on all HR related policies, procedures etc.
- Provide final review and approve all HR Policies, Benefit Plans/Contracts etc.
- Encourage all safety policies, procedures and laws are followed in our daily practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation. Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is considered a strong asset.
- 10 years’ experience in cash management, budgeting, financial reporting and strategic financial accounting at a senior level. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role and 5 years’ experience working with and implementing financial systems.
- Previous experience in the residential construction industry is considered an asset.
- Must have a passion for the new home building industry.
- Proven focus on implementing innovative business solutions.
- Effective time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong ability to negotiate with financial institutions, auditors, insurance providers, vendors and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to influence and demonstrate a high level of diplomacy when interacting with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment with a variety of personalities.
Our values and policies promote teamwork, innovation, long-term employment, and work-life balance. As a family, oriented, community minded company Logel Homes offers many benefits including: flex days and flexible work schedules; health insurance; team building activities; and career growth.
Do not miss this exciting opportunity to work with an award-winning team! To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org