Another exciting opportunity through Recruitment Partners! We are looking for a Senior Accountant at a small-medium sized public practice firm who is a great leader and can deliver exceptional client service to a diverse group of clients. This rewarding position will appeal to a talented accounting professional looking to work in an excellent corporate culture and who wants to grow.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Reporting directly to the Partners and Associated Partner; communicating specific tax planning advice;
- Provide accounting and client service support as part of completing compilation engagements, tax returns and bookkeeping services;
- Perform and complete all assurance procedures related to review engagements including the necessary note disclosures under Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises;
- Responsible for completing audit procedures within the various asset and liability accounts for not-for-profit organizations;
- Complete various tax returns including corporate tax returns, personal tax returns, estate and trust returns, statements of business and rental income related to personal tax returns, GST returns and Not-For-Profit Information returns;
- Liaison with Canada Revenue Agency, financial institutions, investment brokers and other third parties to solve client inquiries;
- Regular meetings with partners and clients to ensure tax installments related to both personal and business accounts are being remitted along with source and GST amounts preventing future interest and penalties being issued by the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Assist clients with financial data and business performance analysis and identify accounting errors during the course of the year;
- Coach and mentor junior staff accountants related to technical accounting questions and use of accounting software;
- Successfully develop procedures to improve office efficiency
Your strengths include:
- CPA Designation obtained or near completion
- Strong proficiency in Caseware and TaxPrep
- Experience with Notice to Reader Engagements and Review Engagements
- Versatility with a broad accounting skill set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manage time wisely while paying great attention to detail
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please send your resume directly to Jason Wong, Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!