- Instrumental Society of Calgary
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
Description of Charity/Foundation:
The Instrumental Society of Calgary has been producing and staging very high quality classical and modern chamber music concerts in Calgary for almost 40 years. We feature mainly Calgary based musicians, many of whom play with the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, or free lance within the community. We make a strong effort to feature a wide variety of music, and appeal to as broad an audience as possible, within our musical mandate.
Description of Role:
3 Roles Available:
1. Volunteer Director/Coordinator – preferably a young adult who can direct high school aged volunteers, and recruit as required, who assist in managing the box office and staging duties at our concerts.
2. Grants Coordinators – to assist our present Grants Coordinator in managing cultural grants applications from City, Provincial and private arts and cultural support foundations.
3. Back-up assistance for the present Treasurer/CPA, in a training role.
CPA, CGA, CA is of strong help in managing the above roles.
If you enjoy cultural organizations, plus have a true interest in music this helps make this job enjoyable. You will be working with similar persons, many of whom are very committed to the organization and the Calgary musical community. You get to hear wonderful concerts ( and bring a friend too!) at no cost.
1 Year to 2 Years