Senior Tax Analyst
One Permanent, Full-Time Position.
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our Taxation team.
Reporting to the Manager Taxation, the Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for the preparation of U.S. income and other tax compliance and tax reporting.
- Prepares U.S. tax compliance for simple to moderately complex legal entities.
- Prepares simple to moderately complex U.S. tax provisions and assists with tax note disclosures.
- Assist with U.S. tax research and business development support.
- Assist with U.S. tax payment calculations.
- Assist with OneSource software administrative issues including creation and maintenance of units, accounts, adjustment codes, sub consolidation and overall general system maintenance for both OneSource Income Tax and OneSource Tax Provision.
- Run Oracle reports and queries.
- Completes professional CPE requirements to maintain knowledge within expertise area.
- Makes preliminary decisions on U.S. tax compliance and provisions. All work reviewed by Manager, Taxation and/or above.
- Use analytical skills to identity potential problems and to complete moderately complex tasks.
- Provide input to the Manager Taxation and Senior Manager plans and directions and ensure on-going appropriate relationships with other positions.
- Drafts responses (for review) for simple to moderately complex U.S. income and other tax (state, sales and use, etc.) information requests.
- Can prepare routine and some non-routine tasks without issue; identifies and escalates non-routine issues to Manager, Taxation.
- Fully engaged in tax technical work and may demonstrate ability to exercise judgement in completing tasks.
- Proactively involved in advising/determining process improvements to the group’s procedures.
- Looks for and incorporates any requested changes to improve day-to-day tasks and processes; provides input where able.
- Performs some work independently in accordance with clearly established expectations
- Adheres to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) procedures/rules and standards; Acts as a role model in demonstrating HSE orientation;
- Ensures files are prepared in line with Capital Power CSOX requirements.
- Maintains and develops relationships within Taxation group.
- Maintains and develops relationships with other groups to obtain information required to complete work and can provide recommendations outside of Tax group if required.
- Ability to work as part of a team to get assignments completed by stated deadlines.
- Engage other areas of expertise to work as an effective team and resolve issues.
- Some overtime expected.
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Degree or Diploma in business, finance or accounting
- 2+ years accounting experience
- Fully engaged in tax technical work and making recommendations for change as necessary
- Use accounting skills to prepare reports/reconciliations to meet tax related requirements
- Interpretative analytical skills to identify potential problems in scope of position responsibilities
To apply for this position, please visit www.capitalpowerjobs.com and search for IRC6950.
More search results
Accountant, Investment Finance
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
Immigrant Services Calgary - Volunteer Board Memb…
Immigrant Services Calgary
Financial Systems Analyst
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Operations Accounting Manager
Recruitment Partners Inc.
Recruitment Partners Inc.