- Migraine Canada
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
Description of Charity/Foundation:
Migraine Canada is a national patient organization with a mission to provide support and education as well as raise awareness about the impact of migraines. We advocate for optimal care for those living with migraines and support research to find a cure. Our work is carried out by our volunteer Board of Directors, consisting of patients and healthcare professionals.
We educate patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals by researching, developing and sharing electronic and print materials containing the most current migraine information. We drive awareness and education through our website, social media, workshops and forums. We provide patient support through participation in regional support groups, with more than 1,200 members of our Facebook page and by playing a role with various other online groups. We leverage traditional and social media to empower patients to share stories and experiences in order to advocate for the supports needed to live full and active lives while coping with migraines.
Description of Role:
Migraine Canada is a newly established national non-profit patient organization. Our Board of Directors live in all parts of Canada and primarily meet virtually six to 10 times per year. We are currently recruiting for a Volunteer Treasurer to join our Board of Directors. We are searching for a candidate with the necessary accounting skills to:
1. Establish our book-keeping and financial management systems with approval from the Board.
2. Process financial transactions (accounts receivable and payable), make deposits and reconcile chart of accounts with the bank statements.
3. Maintain a chart of accounts outlining the income, expenses, assets and liabilities.
4. Report revenue and expenses against our budget.
5. Prepare annual budget estimates and recommended membership fees for review with Board. Present final budget and fees to members at the Annual General Meeting.
6. Arrange for annual review of our financial records as required by the bylaws.
7. Ensure that the payments for suppliers or service providers are ready when needed.
8. Attend Board and AGM meetings, present activity and year-end reports, and participate in discussion and decision-making.
9. Act as a signing authority.
10. Other duties as required.
CPA, CGA, CA is of strong help in managing the above roles.
Possess an understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations. Experienced in budgeting and forecasting, cash flow management, and financial analysis.
The ideal volunteer is a person living with migraines or a family/friend/caregiver supporting a person living with migraines.
2 Years or More