Teine Energy Ltd. is looking to add an experienced Operations Accountant to their Calgary head office team. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the successful candidate will work with a high-performance team whose main objective is to ensure timely and accurate financial information. This is a key position within the team requiring strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of accounting and reporting in a multi-entity environment.
- Prepare monthly corporate accruals, allocation entries, inventory entries, and month-end account reconciliations.
- Reconcile and monitor outstanding accounts receivable balances.
- Prepare internal management reports, including analysis compared to prior year and budget.
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation that supports external reporting needs.
- Assist in the quarterly review and annual audit by compiling operations-related analysis as required by auditors and fielding questions from auditors.
- Create new cost centers and update hierarchy.
- Prepare and submit various regulatory reports.
- Prepare payout statements.
- Prepare statement of adjustments for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a professional accounting designation.
- 7 to 10 years of progressive accounting work experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Solid understanding of operations and marketing accounting and capitalization criteria.
- Drives operational efficiencies to achieve superior outcomes.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and flexible to deliver high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Proactive to resolve issues, but knows when to escalate.
- Able to roll up sleeves and contribute in a hands-on way.
- Conscientious team player with demonstrated leadership strengths.
- High level of Excel proficiency with advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of Qbyte FM and Optix considered an asset.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.